Hiring a CCO ensures your compliance needs will be handled with the accuracy and integrity your fund requires. NLCS’s CCOs report directly to your fund’s Board of Trustees and serve your fund’s Board first and foremost. Your fund’s Trustees have unlimited access to the CCO when questions arise on compliance, fund operations, Board oversight responsibilities and more.
Our program for the development of compliance policies and procedures is comprehensive and designed to ensure that a fund is in compliance with all regulations. NLCS’s CCOs:
- Are designated and approved by your fund’s Board.
- Review and assess the current policies and procedures of your fund.
- Meet initially and on a recurring basis with your service providers and assess the adequacy of their compliance policies and procedures.
- Design a written compliance program to be approved by your fund’s Board.
- Participate in all meetings of your fund’s Board.
- Conduct annual reviews and report the findings to your fund’s Board.